Webinar: Diagnosis, Assessment, & Treatment Planning in Sand Tray Play Therapy
January 8th, 2022
Sand tray therapy is an effective play therapy intervention for clients across the lifespan. However, many play therapists struggle with understanding how a sand tray can be used as an assessment tool to help aid in diagnosis. This webinar will help the play therapist increase their competency in using sand tray therapy in their playroom to identify signs of mental distress to assist in diagnosis, as well as identifying play-based goals for their clients. Role plays and experiential activities will be used to help attendees feel more confident in utilizing sand tray as an assessment tool. Participants will:
- Write play therapy treatment goals using sand tray therapy.
- Discuss sand tray prompts to implement in play therapy with clients across the lifespan to assess mental distress.
- Analyze play themes in sand tray that can be used as a play therapy assessment tool.
- Assess therapeutic progress in sand tray play therapy.
- Discuss sand tray therapy as an assessment tool in family play therapy.
- Identify sand tray categories that communicate mental distress in the playroom.