Webinar: Ready! Set! Play! Introduction to Play Therapy 10.22.21
October 22nd, 2021
If you’re unsure what the term “play therapy” really means, then this is the course for you! This introductory webinar provides participants with a core understanding of play therapy and its application across various settings and populations. Attendees will explore the history of play therapy and the core components of being a culturally competent play therapist. Time will be spent practicing play-based interventions aimed at accelerating the cognitive and social-emotional growth of children and adolescents. Virtual applications of teleplay therapy therapy techniques will also be explored:
- Compare the difference between directive and non-directive play therapy.
- Assess play-based interventions that can be applied to individual, group, and family play therapy.
- Identify cultural considerations for the playroom.
- Discuss the historical context behind play therapy.
- List approved toys to use in child-centered play therapy sessions.
- Analyze teleplay strategies to implement in virtual play therapy sessions.