Webinar: Sand Tray 2.0: Increasing Play Therapy Skills in Sand Tray
November 12th, 2021
This advanced webinar is designed for the play therapist who has attended a basic level sand tray training and is looking to improve their play therapy skills in sand tray. Instruction will focus on enhancing competence in sand tray processing skills throughout the play therapy process. Participants will leave with an increased understanding of how to use sand tray in their play therapy sessions in a meaningful way. Time will be spent exploring the use of sand tray in group and family play therapy, along with exploring the application of mindfulness in sand tray play therapy.
- Discuss the application of mindfulness in sand tray in play therapy sessions.
- Utilize processing skills with sand tray therapy to support children and adolescents in play therapy sessions.
- Explain sand tray prompts to use in group and family play therapy sessions.
- Critique ways to document sand tray in play therapy sessions.
- Identify solution-focused sand tray prompts to use in play therapy sessions to support children and adolescents in play therapy treatment.
- Describe the classic organizations of sand tray that may present in the play therapy sessions.