Webinar: From Blocks to Bingo: Play Therapy Across the Lifespan
July 19th, 2021
Engaging teens and adults into play therapy can be challenging but is not impossible. This webinar will engage participants in play therapy interventions to implement in the playroom with clients across the lifespan. Participants will learn the value of non-directive play therapy to support young children through problem behaviors as well as play-therapy interventions to engage those stubborn teens. Time will be spent exploring various play-based interventions to use in individual, family and group play therapy sessions to engage adults and families in the fun. Play-based strategies to address gender identify and sexual orientation in the playroom will also be reviewed.
- Discuss the foundation of brain development and its importance in incorporating play therapy with clients.
- Develop play therapy techniques to engage adults and teens in play therapy.
- Examine play-based interventions to address adverse childhood events.
- Use play therapy interventions that support human development across the lifespan.
- Explain play-based strategies to gain play therapy buy-in from caregivers.
- Identify specific play therapy interventions to use in individual play therapy with LGBTQ+ clients.