Webinar: Enhancing the Bond: Attachment in Play Therapy 12.10.22
December 10th, 2022
Attachment is the foundation of who we are and an instrumental part of a child’s development. A lack of healthy attachments early in life can affect a person into adulthood if not addressed. This webinar will explore the importance of promoting healthy attachments in the playroom and beyond. Both directive and non-direct play therapy interventions to increase attachments in children and their caregivers. Individuals will also explore the basic principles Theraplay, Trust-Based Relational Intervention, Child Parent Relationship Therapy, and Parent-Child interaction Therapy and its application in play therapy sessions with children and their families.
- Discuss attachment-based play therapy interventions to use with clients and their caregivers in the playroom.
- Describe the application of attachment theory in play therapy sessions.
- Identify the different forms of attachment and how it may present in play therapy sessions.
- Demonstrate play therapy interventions that can be used in individual, family and group play therapy sessions to increase attachment.
- Identify play-based interventions to provide limit setting in the playroom for clients with attachment issues.
- Analyze Theraplay techniques that can be utilized to increase attachment in play therapy sessions.