Webinar: Ready! Set! Play! Introduction to Play Therapy 2021
March 12th, 2021
If you’re unsure what the term “play therapy” really means, then this is the course for you! This one day workshop gives participants a core understanding of play therapy and how it can be applied in various settings and populations. Attendees will explore the history of play therapy and the core components of being a culturally competent play therapist. Time will be spent practicing interventions aimed at accelerating the cognitive and social-emotional growth of children and adolescents. Participants will:
- Compare directive and non-directive play therapy interventions.
- Identify play-based interventions that can be applied to individual, group, and family play therapy.
- Evaluate cultural considerations for the playroom.
- Discuss the historical context behind play therapy.
- List approved toys to use in child-centered play therapy sessions.
- Analyze ways to set up a playroom in a variety of settings, including mobile play strategies