Webinar: Introduction to Sand Tray Play Therapy
January 15th, 2021 9:00am-4:00pm
This webinar is for participants who have never received any training in sand tray therapy and are looking to implement this fun strategy with clients of all ages. Participants will leave this workshop with a solid foundation of how to implement sand tray in individual, family and group play therapy sessions. Time will be spent exploring ways to integrate sand tray in teleplay settings to maintain the integrity of sand in a virtual setting. Participants will:
- Compare the difference between sand tray vs sand play therapy.
- Analyze how to properly set up sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Explore the historical context of sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Develop adequate clinical skills to conduct both directive and non-directive sand tray sessions with clients of all ages in play therapy.
- Identify the importance of symbolism and metaphor through the sand tray process.
- Examine the therapeutic value of sand tray play therapy.