At-Will Webinar: Attachment in Play Therapy
At Will Webinar
This webinar is available for participants to watch at will after purchase. Once the webinar is watched, participants will need to complete the webinar quiz and evaluation to obtain CEs.
Attachment is the foundation of who we are and the way we form relationships with others. A lack of healthy attachments early in life can affect a person into adulthood if not addressed. This training will provide participants with an overview on attachment theory, definitions of different attachment styles, and evidence-based play therapy techniques to support clients in the playroom. Several models will be reviewed, including: Theraplay, Trust-Based Relational Intervention, Child Parent Relationship Therapy, and Parent-Child interaction Therapy. Participants will:
- Examine the different forms of attachment and how it may present in play therapy sessions.
- Discuss specific play therapy interventions that can be used in individual, family and group play therapy sessions to increase attachment.
- Identify play-based interventions to address boundaries and apply limit setting for clients with attachment issues.
- Analyze Theraplay techniques that can be utilized to increase attachment in play therapy sessions.
- Utilize various play therapy techniques to increase self-regulation for clients with attachment issues.
- Survey specific homework caregivers can utilize increase their attachment outside of play therapy sessions.