Webinar: Sand Tray 2.0: Enhancing Play Therapy Skills in Sand Tray
January 29th, 2021
This training is designed for clinicians who have attended a basic level sand tray training and are looking to improve their skills in their clinical practice. This one day intermediate-level sand tray training will focus on enhancing competence in sand tray processing skills during the play therapy process. Participants will leave with an increased understanding of how to use sand tray in their play therapy sessions in a meaningful way. Time will be spent on learning and trying different sand tray directives, and exploring ways to integrate sand tray in teleplay setting to maintain the integrity of sand tray in a virtual setting. Participants will:
- Analyze 2 applications of mindfulness techniques in sand tray play therapy.
- Apply processing skills in sand tray play therapy through experiential learning in a virtual environment
- Identify 3 sand tray interventions to help assess and treat clients in a virtual teleplay session.
- Discuss 5 key sand tray themes to document in play therapy and teleplay sessions.
- Describe 3 sand tray miniatures clients can make in play therapy and teleplay sessions
- Identify play themes through the critique of 8 sand tray therapy examples