At-Will Webinar: Using Sensory Integration for Developmental Disabilities in Play Therapy
At Will Webinar
This webinar is available for participants to watch at will after purchase. Once the webinar is watched, participants will need to complete the webinar quiz and evaluation to obtain CEs.
When working with children with disabilities, their play skills may be splintered and/or significantly delayed. This special topic will strengthen your clinical play therapy skills when working with children with a variety of developmental disabilities. Join us for a highly interactive training that will teach you how to incorporate sensory interventions into the play therapy process. This one-day workshop will also explore ways of assessing a client’s developmental play skills within a play therapy framework. Participants will:
- Examine what developmentally-appropriate play looks like in the playroom from birth to adolescents.
- List components of a developmental play chart and know how to utilize these components in the play therapy process.
- Explore ways to support the emotional, physical, social and cognitive needs of a child with developmental delays through the play therapy process.
- Discover a variety of sensory-based play therapy techniques that incorporate all five senses.
- Apply different sensory-based techniques within a play therapy framework for children of all abilities.
- Explore ways to decrease symptoms of DSM-5 diagnosis through the use of sensory techniques through the play therapy process.