Webinar: Attachment in Play Therapy
October 9th, 2020
Attachment is the foundation of who we are and the way we form relationships with others. A lack of healthy attachments early in life can affect a person into adulthood if not addressed. This training will provide participants with an overview on attachment theory, definitions of different attachment styles, and evidence-based play therapy techniques to support clients in the playroom. Several models will be reviewed, including: Theraplay, Trust-Based Relational Intervention, Child Parent Relationship Therapy, and Parent-Child interaction Therapy. Participants will:
- Examine the different forms of attachment and how it may present in play therapy sessions.
- Discuss specific play therapy interventions that can be used in individual, family and group play therapy sessions to increase attachment.
- Identify play-based interventions to address boundaries and apply limit setting for clients with attachment issues.
- Analyze Theraplay techniques that can be utilized to increase attachment in play therapy sessions.
- Utilize various play therapy techniques to increase self-regulation for clients with attachment issues.
- Survey specific homework caregivers can utilize increase their attachment outside of play therapy sessions.