Watch At-Will Webinar: Advanced Play Therapy Techniques to Address Problem Behaviors in Children & Adolescents
Watch At-Will Webinar
This webinar is available for participants to watch at will after purchase. Once the webinar is watched, participants will need to complete the webinar quiz and evaluation to obtain CEs.
If you feel like you have a good handle on using play therapy with your clients but struggling with addressing more specific behaviors such as self-harming or sexually acting behaviors, then this training is for you! This workshop will target specific “problem behaviors” that are often seen in clients of all ages throughout the play therapy process.This training is designed to provide clinicians with a variety of play therapy techniques to support both clients with a variety of diagnosis. Time will be spent on ways to engage caregivers in play therapy to help decrease problem behaviors in their children. Participants will:
- Examine toys that are helpful to have in the playroom to address toileting issues during the play therapy process.
- Examine simple methods for families and schools to track the concerning behaviors to monitor client progress.
- Compare the different forms of sexualized play that may be exhibited in the playroom and play therapy interventions to help address these issues.
- Analyze common disorders associated with problem behaviors in children and adolescents, while reviewing a variety of play therapy techniques that can address these concerns.
- Evaluate specific art directives that can be infused into the play therapy process to address problem behaviors in clients.
- Enhance clinical play skills to increase engagement with non-compliant clients in the playroom.