Webinar: Ready! Set! Play! Introduction to Play Therapy
July 10th, 2020
If you’re unsure what the term “play therapy” really means, then this is the course for you! This one day workshop gives participants a core understanding of play therapy and how it can be applied in various settings and populations. Attendees will explore the history of play therapy and the core components of being a culturally competent play therapist. Time will be spent practicing interventions aimed at accelerating the cognitive and social-emotional growth of children and adolescents. Participants will:
- Learn how to distinguish the difference between directive and non-directive play therapy.
- Take part in specific interventions that can be applied to individual, group, and family therapy.
- Evaluate cultural considerations in play therapy.
- Discuss the historical context behind play therapy.
- Examine approved toys to use in child-centered play therapy sessions.
- Analyze ways to set up a playroom in a variety of settings.