Webinar: Child-Centered Approaches to Play Therapy
July 17th, 2020
This one day training will explore the principles of Child-Centered Play Therapy (CCPT) and its applications in the playroom. Participants will receive a foundation of Garry Landreth’s model of CCPT for use in both individual and family play therapy sessions. This training will be using a mixture of lecture, video clips, and role playing. Participants will:
- Explore the basic principles of Child-Centered Play Therapy created by Virginia Axline.
- Identify ways to apply limit setting in play therapy sessions.
- Examine the recommended toys to use in play therapy sessions utilizing CCPT principles.
- Discover ways to engage families in non-directive play with their children
- Learn how to assess a child is experiencing therapeutic movement in the playroom
- Identify when a child is ready to terminate from treatment using a child-centered play therapy model.