Webinar: Game Play with Individuals, Groups, and Families
June 25th-26th, 2020
Game Play with Individuals, Groups, and Families
What was your favorite childhood game? Monopoly? Twister? As adults we still find ourselves engaged in games in social settings from throwing darts with your friends to an outing at Dave & Busters. Games span across the lifespan and can be integrated in a variety of settings. Join us for this one day training to learn more about integrating games into the play therapy process.
- Describe various therapeutic approaches in which game-based play therapy can be implemented.
- Learn about the therapeutic benefits of using games within a play therapy framework.
- Describe ways to introduce and process game therapy with children and families in both individual and family play therapy sessions.
- Describe and practice dimensions into which games can be integrated within the therapeutic process to develop positive social skills during group play therapy.
- Identify different categories of therapeutic games as well as how to document their use in the playroom.
- Practice utilizing game therapy activities through experiential exercises