Webinar: Two-Day Sand Tray in Play Therapy
This two-day training is for participants who have never received any training in sand tray therapy and are looking to implement this fun strategy with clients of all ages. Participants will leave this workshop with a solid foundation of how to implement sand tray in individual, family and group play therapy sessions. Extensive time will be spent on experiential learning, through the use of constructing and processing sand trays. * All participants will receive a portable sand tray with sand and a small sand tray miniature collection.* Participants will:
- Compare the difference between sand tray vs sand play therapy.
- Analyze how to properly set up sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Explore the historical context of sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Develop adequate clinical skills to conduct both directive and non-directive sand tray sessions with clients of all ages in play therapy.
- Identify the importance of symbolism and metaphor through the sand tray process.
- List the different categories of sand tray miniatures.
- Examine the therapeutic value of sand tray play therapy.
- Discover ways to incorporate sand tray therapy for traveling play therapists.
- Survey the guidelines for miniature selections.
- How to introduce sand tray and its miniatures to play therapy clients of all ages.
- Discuss the role of the play therapist when implementing sand tray in play therapy sessions.
- Evaluate how to incorporate sand tray play therapy in a variety of settings including families and groups.
Day 1 of training will be held on August 7th, 2020 or September 10th, 2020. August participants will have the option of choosing between 1 of 3 Experiential Lab days: 8/14, 8/17, or 8/24, and September participants will have the option of choosing between 1 of 2 Experiential Lab days: 9/11 or 9/14. Experiential Lab days will be held at STLPTI. Lab sizes will be reduced to 6, and social distancing recommendations will be upheld.