Bookmaking: Creation of Books, Comics, and Stories in Play Therapy
If you currently utilize bibliotherapy or are interested in finding new and creative ways to integrate client input into your play therapy treatment, then this workshop is for you. In this one-day course, participants will engage in experiential learning as they explore practical ways of integrating book making into their play therapy sessions. Participants will learn how to create several book templates from basic office supplies, as well as explore means of including parents in the creation of their child’s narrative. Participants will discuss ways to adapt these techniques with a wide variety of clients, and will leave the training with the skills necessary to utilize this process within their practice.
- Explain the basis of bibliotherapy in play therapy.
- Identify at least two uses of books in play therapy sessions to connect with varied populations.
- Discuss ways to incorporate parents in the story writing process for use in the play therapy session
- Evaluate ways to easily support and implement book making as a learning tool and transitional objects from the play therapy session.
- Analyze the use of simple art supplies in creation of books with your clients in play therapy.
- Apply book making strategies through creation of two books for use in play therapy sessions.