Webinar: Using Sensory Integration for Developmental Disabilities in Play Therapy
July 31st, 2020 9am-4pm
When working with children with disabilities, their play skills may be splintered and/or significantly delayed. This special topic will strengthen your clinical play therapy skills when working with children with a variety of developmental disabilities. Join us for a highly interactive training that will teach you how to incorporate sensory interventions into the play therapy process. This one-day workshop will also explore ways of assessing a client’s developmental play skills within a play therapy framework. Participants will:
- Examine what developmentally-appropriate play looks like in the playroom from birth to adolescents.
- List components of a developmental play chart and know how to utilize these components in the play therapy process.
- Explore ways to support the emotional, physical, social and cognitive needs of a child with developmental delays through the play therapy process.
- Discover a variety of sensory-based play therapy techniques that incorporate all five senses.
- Apply different sensory-based techniques within a play therapy framework for children of all abilities.
- Explore ways to decrease symptoms of DSM-5 diagnosis through the use of sensory techniques through the play therapy process.