Sandtray in Play Therapy (Advanced)
This training is designed for clinicians who have attended a basic level sand tray training and are looking to improve their skills in clinical practice. This one day advanced sand tray training will focus on increasing sand tray processing skills during the play therapy process. Participants will leave with an increased understanding of how to use sand tray in their play therapy sessions in a meaningful way. Time will be spent on learning and trying different sand tray directives. Participants will:
- Examine applications of mindfulness in sand tray play therapy.
- Improve their processing skills with sand tray therapy through experiential learning activities.
- Explore several quick interventions to help assess and treat a variety of mental health issues within a play therapy framework.
- Analyze ways to document sand tray in play therapy sessions.
- Learn how to construct sand tray miniatures with clients as part of the play therapy process.
- Review a variety of sand tray therapy examples.
*To attend this training, you must provide a certificate showing you’ve attended an introductory sand tray therapy training (at least 6 CE’s) from an APT approved provider*