Who’s the Boss? Play Therapy in a Private Practice
This training is designed to help mental health professionals who are interested in focusing their private practice on play therapy. Participants will explore how to set up a play therapy office including playroom hacks for smaller space. Suggestions will be made on how to implement play therapy in the private practice setting on a budget, and ways to infuse evidence based play therapy techniques in all aspects of the therapeutic process. Participants will:
- Discover ways to support parents in understanding the benefits of play therapy.
- Develop play therapy techniques to use during the intake process.
- Analyze the benefits of incorporating play therapy into parent consultations.
- Assess the importance of parent/guardian engagement in the playroom during parts of the play therapy process.
- Prioritize essential items for the playroom (i.e., toys/supplies).
- Evaluate ways to set up office space for a playroom, with consideration to different challenges in the private setting (i.e office space and size).