Webinar: Introduction to Sand Tray in Play Therapy 11.19.2022
November 19th, 2022
Sand tray is a helpful intervention to address a range of play themes including grief, trauma and anxiety in individuals across the lifespan. This introductory webinar explores the foundation of sand tray and its natural implementation in the playroom for clients across the lifespan. Participants will leave this workshop with a solid foundation of how to implement sand tray in individual, family and group play therapy sessions. Extensive time will be spent on experiential learning, through the use of constructing and processing sand trays.
- Describe the difference between sand tray therapy and sand play therapy.
- Analyze how to properly set up sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Discuss the historical context of sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Develop adequate play therapy skills to facilitate directive and non-directive sand tray sessions with clients across the lifespan.
- Identify the play themes that may present in the sand tray in the playroom.
- Assess the different arrangements of sand trays that may signal distress in the play therapy session.