Infusing Art Techniques into Play Therapy
Have you always wanted to use more art in your play therapy sessions but aren't exactly sure how to use it? Need some extra training on art making techniques? In this course, you will learn creative ways to bring art ethically into your play therapy practice. In this one day course, participants will engage in experiential learning as they explore numerous art directives to use in play therapy sessions and understand how to use those directives to provide best practices to a wide variety of clients. Participants will:
- Analyze the ethical practices of using art in play therapy.
- Identify the difference between art therapy and art in play therapy.
- Develop ways to scaffold directives in the playroom to meet developmentally appropriate needs of clients.
- Evaluate the use of directives to strengthen the parent-child bond during the play therapy process.
- Discuss appropriate art materials to use in play therapy sessions.
- Discover art-based directives to use in play therapy sessions.