Webinar: A Path Towards Healing: Play Therapy for Bereaved Clients
October 29th, 2022
From the death of a loved one to divorce and separation, children experience various forms of grief that, if left untreated, can negatively affect their health and development. This webinar addresses how the play therapy process can address grief and bereavement in children and adolescents in individual, group and family play therapy. Attendees will gain a better understanding of play therapy interventions to address signs of traumatic grief in the playroom. Special attention is spent on play-based interventions to support children of military and divorced families, as well as children with incarcerated parents. Experiential play-based activities to support the family through the healing process are also explored.
- Identify play themes that signal signs of traumatic grief in children and adolescents.
- Describe play-based strategies to support the healing process in family play therapy sessions.
- Discuss the importance of play-based interventions to support cultural considerations in grief and bereavement.
- Discover play therapy interventions to support cognitive and behavioral development in children and adolescents.
- Explain the use of Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy in group play therapy to support bereaved clients.
- List sand tray prompts to utilize in individual, family and group play therapy to help bereaved clients heal.