Webinar: Trauma-Informed Practices in Play Therapy
October 8th, 2022
“Trauma” can be used to describe a variety of situations a child has experienced that has a negative effect on the child’s development. This webinar will provide attendees with an overview of the application of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy (TF-CBT) and its natural fit with play therapy for clients across the lifespan. Time will be spent exploring play themes that may signal traumatic stress in the playroom. Additionally, individuals will leave with play-based techniques to safely and respectfully support clients through the trauma narrative and healing process. Participants will:
- Discuss the use of trauma-informed play therapy in individual, group and family play therapy.
- Analyze play therapy interventions to support adolescents and children experiencing traumatic grief.
- Assess mindfulness-based play therapy interventions to support self-regulation in the playroom.
- Describe trauma and its impact on play in the playroom.
- List play therapy techniques to support clients through the trauma narrative & healing process.
- Explain the use of trauma-informed therapy practices in the playroom.