Webinar: Filial Play Therapy with Children & Families
March 19th, 2022
This webinar will explore the principles of filial play therapy and its application in the playroom. Participants will discuss the foundation of Garry Landreth’s model of child-centered play therapy for use in both individual and family play therapy sessions. Time will be spent discussing filial play therapy approaches to help caregivers join in on the use of play therapy to address mental distress in their children. This training will use a mixture of lecture, video clips and role playing, to help attendees learn and practice foundational filial play therapy skills to support the child in the playroom and beyond.
- Describe the basic principles of Child-Centered Play Therapy created by Virginia Axline.
- Identify ways to apply limit setting in play therapy sessions.
- List the recommended toys to use in play therapy sessions utilizing CCPT principles.
- Analyze ways to engage families in filial play therapy sessions with their children.
- Use role play to practice filial play therapy skills for play therapy sessions.
- Discuss the use of filial play therapy in group play therapy sessions.