Webinar: Adlerian Play with Adolescents and Teen
June 18th, 2022
Engaging adolescents and teens in play therapy can be challenging but is not impossible. This webinar will explore the tenets of Adlerian theory and Adlerian play therapy and their application to play therapy with teens and tweens. Participants will learn how to engage these challenging populations in play therapy and practice various play-based interventions to support the “Crucial C’s” of Adlerian play therapy. Specific information on how to address gender and sexual orientation in the playroom will also be reviewed.
- Discuss the foundation of Adlerian play therapy.
- List Adlerian play therapy techniques to engage adolescents and teens in play therapy.
- Examine play-based interventions to address adverse childhood events in adolescents and teens.
- Identify specific play therapy interventions to use in play therapy with LGBTQ+ clients.
- Apply Adlerian play therapy concepts to group play therapy with adolescents and teens.
- Discuss ways to engage caregivers in family play therapy with adolescents and teens to enhance the parent-child relationship.