Webinar: It's a Cyber World - Exploring Technology in Play Therapy
July 23rd, 2022
Let’s face it; no matter where you turn, technology is everywhere! Children and adolescents operate in a world driven by electronic devices and social media. It is important for play therapists to remain competent when implementing technology in play therapy sessions. This workshop will explore the pro’s and con’s of infusing technology into the play therapy process, as well as discuss personal apprehensions clinicians may have towards this trend. Time will also be spent discussing play-based interventions to implement in virtual play therapy sessions.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages in using technology in play-based interventions in the play room.
- Identify electronic games and apps that can be used both in and out of the play therapy process to support clients for a variety of mental health issues.
- Analyze the use of therapeutic limit setting for technology in a play therapy session.
- Discuss play-based interventions to support youth experiencing self-esteem issues connected with social media.
- Describe play-based interventions to support youth experiencing cyberbullying.