Webinar: Introduction to Sand Tray Therapy in Play Therapy 4.22
April 8th, 2022
This webinar will explore the history of sand tray therapy and how the play therapist can apply this play-based intervention to clients across the lifespan. Participants will leave this webinar with a solid foundation of how to implement sand tray in play therapy sessions. Experiential learning will be used to help attendees learn how to integrate sand tray therapy in play therapy sessions with clients from all backgrounds. Time will be spent exploring ways to integrate sand tray in teleplay settings to maintain the integrity of sand in a virtual setting.
- Compare the difference between sand tray vs sand play therapy.
- Analyze how to properly set up sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Explore the historical context of sand tray in the play therapy room.
- Develop adequate clinical skills to conduct non-directive sand tray sessions with clients of all ages in play therapy.
- Identify the importance of symbolism and metaphor through the sand tray process.
- Examine the therapeutic value of sand tray play therapy.